Saturday, November 10, 2012

LEMON-ALMOND CRINKLES




I am starting to make my Christmas cookies and freezing them.It's hard to believe it is that time of the year.  I get lots of orders for my cookies and do many favorites. Each year I like to add several new kinds. I found these pretty little cookies, which are a rich blend of lemon and almond. They were featured on the Odense website. I was so pleased out how they turned out and they are just scrumptious. I love using almond paste in cookies, cakes, etc. It adds such flavor and almond is very prevalent in Italian baking. The instructions say to roll in confectioners' sugar before baking. But I found that the sugar evaporated so I rolled them while they were still warm when I took them out of the oven. They came out perfectly. I hope you enjoy them. Visit the Odense website for other great recipes using almond paste. Enjoy!

1 (7 oz.) box almond paste, grated
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 lg. egg
1 T. grated lemon rind 
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. confectioners' sugar

In large mixing bowl, beat almond paste, sugar, butter, egg, lemon rind and juice until mixture is light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into almond mixture. Mix until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Dough stays well in refrigerator up to 5 days. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape dough into one-inch balls and roll in confectioners sugar. Place balls on baking sheets 2-3 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and lightly colored around edges. Place sheets on wire racks until cookies are cool. Or, like I did, I rolled the warm cookies in the confectioners' sugar.


1 comment:

  1. Se ve irresistible muy rico..¡¡Feliz Año Nuevo lleno de paz y amor!!…abrazos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete