Sunday, March 27, 2011

BRICKLE POUND CAKE

I love pound cakes and next to cheesecake they are my favorite dessert. In my baking cookbook I included many pound cake recipes but not this one. I think you will enjoy this recipe. I recently made it and loved the brickle filling. Yummy!

Filling
1 c. toffee bits
1/4. c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 T. all-purpose flour

Cake
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. sifted cake flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
6 lg. eggs, room temperature
1 c. sour cream

Vanilla Glaze
2 c. confectioners sugar, sifted
2 T. light corn syrup
4 T. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Garnish: toffee bits


Preheat oven to 315ºF. Spray a 10-inch tube or 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour. Prepare filling: In small bowl mix together all filling ingredients. Set aside. Cake: Sift together the flours, baking soda and salt. Sift again. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed 10 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture by thirds, alternating with the sour cream and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix just enough to blend the batter after each addition. Spoon one-third of the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with half of the filling mixture. Top with another third of the batter, then remaining filling mixture, and cover with remaining batter. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 25 minutes.. Remove from the pan and place the cake on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Glaze: Put all glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and strain if necessary. Cool 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle top with bits.


8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I know my dad would go crazy for it, he loves brickle. I'm bookmarking this one for Fathers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwatering and delicious cake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tempting- I love those toffee bits! All I'd need is a nice cup of coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U knw..Cheesecake are my fav too! This pound cake looks so delicious! I can have this with a steaming cup of coffee! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That look so sweet cake, this recipe hope can try it, thanks

    faridawinarni71.co.cc
    http://pregnancymomy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing. I LOVE toffee, so I am sure I would love this cake. Will definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks incredible! Love all that icing!

    Great blog; happy I found you!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great. I love pound cakes too!

    ReplyDelete