Thursday, November 25, 2010

SESAME SEED COOKIES



I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This week officially starts my cookie baking for my local customers. I make many different types of cookies and one of my favorites (and my customers too) are my Sesame Seed Cookies (Biscotti di Regina). I have experimented with many recipes for these cookies over the years, but this one is my favorite. I hope you will give them a try and enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee.

4 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
½ tsp. orange peel
½ tsp. lemon peel
2 sticks butter, room temp
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 lg. eggs
Milk
Sesame seeds

Oven 350. Lightly grease sheets. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and peels. Set aside. In large mixing bowl with mixer on medium speed cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time. Reduce mixer and gradually add the flour mixture. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Spread sesame seeds on a plate. Pinch off pieces of dough and shape into small logs. Dip in milk then seeds. Place on sheets and flatten slightly about 2 inches apart. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.



2 comments:

  1. Sesame cookies were always available at our table when I was a child, but I haven't seen them in years. Thanks for posting this recipe... will be tucking it away in my file.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing hulled sesame seeds

    ReplyDelete