Monday, May 31, 2010

BREAKFAST MUFFINS


I enjoy having a warm muffin with my morning coffee. Do you? I am not much of a breakfast person but a delicious muffin with some jam or jelly and I am good to go. I love the hearty flavor of corn muffins and these are rich and heavenly. They are simple to prepare. And for a variation try adding some fresh blueberries. So delicious.

1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. yellow cornmeal
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 lg. eggs, lightly beaten
2 T. butter, melted
2 T. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degress F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In large bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine milk, vegetable oil, eggs, melted butter, honey and vanilla. Make well in center of dry ingredients and add milk mixture. Stir just until combined. Divide batter evenly in muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until center inserted with a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Variation: Add 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries to sifted flour mixture before adding the wet ingredients. Adding the blueberries to the flour mixture will prevent them from sinking to the bottom. And there you will have Berry-Blue Corn Muffins!

4 comments:

  1. Yum, I think I smell them baking now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm I do love a muffin and a nice hot cup of coffee ! I usually buy them and then freeze them. Then I take one and slice it into 4 or 5 pieces and toast it.
    Now you are going to have me making them, your recipes are so good.
    (())
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great! Your photo is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These really are delightful. Light and sweet! I am munching on one hot out of the oven right now! Good recipe!

    ReplyDelete