Friday, April 9, 2010

ORANGE ALMOND PASSION CHEESECAKE


Cheesecakes are my specialty and I love creating ones that are a little different. My cheesecakes done in a bundt pan are a favorite with many of my customers. It took me quite some time to perfect getting the cheesecake out of the pan but I didn't give up. The instructions I have given will help you create a perfect cheesecake. So please, give it a try. It looks so pretty and would look lovely on a Mother's Day table. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. As I am writing this post, I think back at some of my not-so-successful attempts at this cheesecake, not a pretty site. As you know, cheesecakes are fragile and really don't like to be flipped over. But a little thing like that never stopped me. So I moved forward and finally success. I do others in unusual pans too, but that's for another post, so stay tuned. If you try this cheesecake, please let me know how it turned out for you. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Crust
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 T. granulated sugar
½ stick butter, melted

Filling
5 pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 c. granulated sugar
½ c. cornstarch
1 T. almond extract
2 tsp. grated orange peel
2 tsp. orange extract
5 lg. eggs, room temp
½ c. orange juice
1 c. heavy cream
8 drops yellow food coloring
6 drops red food coloring


Preheat oven to 300. Spray bundt pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour. Combine crust ingredients and press in bottom of pan. In large mixing bowl, beat a little of the cream cheese, a little sugar, and the cornstarch on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in the remaining cream cheese and sugar, then the almond extract, orange peel and orange extract. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in the orange juice and heavy cream. Blend in food coloring. Carefully pour in pan and smooth top. Place pan in a large roasting or baking pan. Fill roasting pan halfway with hot water. Bake 85-95 minutes or until set. Remove cheesecake from waterbath. Cool 1 ½ to 2 hours and carefully invert onto serving plate. Refrigerate 6 hours, preferably overnight.

6 comments:

  1. This cheesecake looks incredible and I love your courage too! Putting the crust on the bottom which becomes the top when turned out...brilliant!
    Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely gorgeous. I love how unique it is, both the flavours and the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful! I've never seen a cheesecake in a bundt pan before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat way to make a cheesecake! I think the best way to invert it would be to place the plate on top of the pan while it's still in, then turn it all over together so that the cake comes out directly onto the plate. Is that how you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly how I do it. But remember to follow my instructions for the cooling time. Cheesecakes are very fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea - never saw a cheesecake baked in a bundt pan before. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete